PipDroid project part 5!!

(above) so i molded in some more detailed areas, sanded it down and got it ready for a layer of epoxy.

(above) Then after 1 layer of epoxy i decided it was a little too plain so i started adding in some felt strips to add a little more detail and make things stand out a little more.

(above) i then coated everything yet again in another layer of epoxy, the felt strips become a little bumpy which i really dont like but then again i dont want it to be a perfectly smooth and fresh looking pip-boy, i want it to have seen some days of war.

(above) here i started lightly sanding it all down so that i could get rid of the smooth glossy-ness of the epoxy and get the thing ready for paint.  with a smooth yet rough sanded surface the paint will stick better to it.

(above) i just used a flat black paint so far so get a better idea or where its at.  i may go back and sand a little more or i may just leave it because its really going to be the final stages of paint that really make the thing pop and i have a pretty good 3 part paint scheme planed for this thing.  at this point im going to leave the top half be and get to work on finishing the bottom two halves for now.

This entry was posted in WIP. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply